Fort Fincastle is a fort located in the city of Nassau on the island of New Providence in The Bahamas. The fort was built in 1793 by Lord Dunmore. Built around 1793 on Society Hill, the fort overlooks the city of Nassau and the Queens Staircase, and is often accessed that way by visitors on foot. This fort shaped like a paddle-steamer, Lord Dunmore called Fort Fincastle, after his second title, Viscount Fincastle. The fort overlooked Nassau and Paradise Island and the eastern approaches to New Providence. It mounted two 24 pounders, two 32 pounders, two 12 pounder cannons and one howitzer. It served as a lighthouse until September 1817 when it was replaced by the lighthouse on Paradise Island. It was subsequently used as a signal station.