Museum of Art of Santa Catarina is an art museum in the state of Santa Catarina. The Santa Catarina Museum of Art (MASC) is an institution affiliated to the Fondazione della Cultura Catarinense (FCC) and is currently installed in the building of the Integrated Culture Center (CIC), in Avenida Irineu Bornhausen, Agronòmica neighborhood, in city of Florianòpolis, State of Santa Catarina. Created in 1949 as the Museum of Modern Art of Florianopolis (MAMF), it has since been the official body in the field of plastic arts in the state. It was created in the 40s, a period of cultural effervescence in Brazil. At that time, other art museums were created, such as the San Paolo Museum of Art (MASP) and the Museum of Modern Art (MAM) in Rio de Janeiro. In the register of the historical background of the creation of the MAMF, Museum of Modern Art of Florianópolis, it can be considered the Modern Art Circle - CAM, later known as the South Group, in function of the magazine with the name South published in ten years by the Group. Formed by intellectuals, writers and young artists, concerned about mixing the city of Florianópolis, therefore conforming to the old standards. They have worked in the various areas of creation, such as literature, theater, cinema and the plastic arts. Due to the influence of this group, the "Contemporary Art Exhibition" was brought to Florianópolis, together with the presence of its founder, the writer of Rio de Janeiro Marques Rebelo (Eddy Dias da Cruz, 1907-1973). It was from this exhibition, presented between September 25 and October 6, 1948, accompanied by lectures on contemporary art provided by the writer, which gave rise to the creation of the current Museum of Art of Santa Catarina. The initial collection of the institution includes pieces by modernist artists such as Alfredo Volpi, Djanira Motta and Silva, Iberê Camargo, Emeric Marcier, Athos Bulcào, Portinari, among others. The continuation of the formation of the collection was mainly due to private and official donations. Since 1985 a system of spontaneous donations has been created by the artists who have exhibited in the Museum. This gives it great regional importance. But it is also a representative collection of national and foreign artists. During all those years the MASC went through several rooms, unhealthy and improper. Among these the House of Santa Catarina, which, demolished, gave rise to the building in which is located the Public Library of the State of Santa Catarina. Another headquarters was the old Florianópolis customs building. An irregular trajectory, which includes the collection of the collection in a warehouse of the Teatro Álvaro de Carvalho. With a collection of over 1,600 works from acquisitions and donations, MASC is currently installed in an area of 1,980 m² in the construction of the integrated culture center "Prof. Henrique da Silva Fontes", with a hall of 1,440 square meters, including the special Harry Laus air-conditioned room with 340 square meters for exhibitions. The Museum consists of the following Nuclei: Management, Administration, Conservation and Collection, Exhibition and Assembly, Artistic Education, Research, Documentation and Library. The public has access to the museum through permanent collection exhibitions, temporary exhibitions, library, monitored visits programs, publications and technical advice. MASC has the support of the Advisory Council to assist in various decisions regarding event planning and analysis of the pieces to be incorporated into the collection. He also has the services of the Atelier of Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Cultural Goods, for technical advice to the collection. The Association of Friends of the Santa Catarina Museum of Art - AAMASC offers the conditions for increasing cultural activities.