Tourist Attraction in Córdoba: Paseo del Buen Pastor
The Paseo del Buen Pastor or Paseo Cultural del Buen Pastor is a cultural, recreational and commercial center, located in the heart of the Nueva Córdoba neighborhood, Av. Hipólito Yrigoyen 325 in the city of Córdoba, Argentina. It was inaugurated in 2007 by the governor of La Sota. It functions as a meeting point for the people of Cordoba, since it is one of the most pleasant spaces that Córdoba has for its recreational, cultural and tourist multi-space. The Paseo Del Buen Pastor has a commercial gallery, in which events and exhibitions take place, there are also two restaurants, bars, shops, and a fountain of dancing waters that thanks to its music and lighting system becomes a place attractive very frequented by visitors. For almost 100 years this place functioned as an asylum and a women's prison. In the year 1888, a group of French religious belonging to the congregation "Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd", created the "Workshop of the Holy Family" where they protected and educated poor and orphan girls. As a result of the good performance of this work, in 1892 the provincial government ordered the nuns to take charge of the care and direction of inmates, and for that the authorities donated in 1896 a land to carry out the asylum. In 1905, the architect José Montblanch plans the women's prison and the chapel, and carries out the project.