The Cathedral of Córdoba is the mother church of Córdoba. It is considered the fourth wonder of Córdoba according to the initiative of the newspaper La voz del Interior. Construction began in the year 1582, with the name that still bears the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption. In 1706 the cathedral was officially consecrated. The facade was designed and completed by Andrés Blanqui. 1758 the building was practically finished, with the naves, the narthex, the great dome, the cruisers and the large neoclassical portico preceded by a large staircase and closed by an artistic portal in wrought iron, an exquisite work of blacksmith shop in which You can see the silhouettes of St. Peter and St. Paul, even though the two large bell towers had just ended in 1787. The large entrance door, like the choir stalls around the main altar, are Jesuit works carved in the missionary cedar. The tower clock is a gift that the English railway made at the end of the nineteenth century. In 1901 the statue of Christ the Redeemer was added to the top of the facade, this sculpture was forged in the foundry of Paucelae Coquet in Paris, France. If the exterior of this church is majestic, its interior goes hand in hand: the large central nave covered by a high barrel vault runs profusely and harmoniously exorcised by a large number of moldings carved in wood and gold leaf, the main altar makes a balanced play with the tall columns and the ancient sculptures representing different saints of Catholicism. Sunlight enters mainly through a series of deep lunettes located in the vault of the central nave; of the basilical type, separated by tall and wide columns, mostly gold, in the box located on the narthex there is a wind organ. As for the main towers, these have carillon, the tower located in the southeast corner is equipped with a large clock. In the corners of the towers you can see carved and curious figures in the attitude of playing the trumpets and dressed in indigenous clothes. Shortly after crossing the portico, the visitor enters the large narthex where the sarcophagi are located, where the remains of José María Paz and his wife Margarita Weild rest, and there is also the urn that holds the remains of the dean Gregorio Funes, in the crypts are the remains of the bishop Hernando de Trejo and Sanabria - first rector of the first Argentine university: currently called UNC and Fray Mamerto Esquiù. The large high altar is largely made beautifully with embossed silver from Peru. The dome or the large dome is located at the intersection of the central nave and the transept. The first thing that catches your attention is the proportions of its dome and its elaborate decoration. In the dome, from the bottom to the top, there are pairs of columns on the outside, ending in a frame, with the appearance of inverted brackets that are crowned with pyramidal pinnacles. In the interconnections of the cimborrio there are large windows with curvilinear shapes. The dome is covered by ribs in the form of segments that are continued by columns supported on an arcade, closed by a bulbous dome that culminates in a large vane that represents the chalice and the cross. The Cathedral of Cordoba is an excellent synthesis of elements with Renaissance origins combined with those of the Spanish colonial baroque, neoclassicism and even Mudejar details. This ecclesiastical temple is the oldest and most important colonial building in Argentina. In this way this building is one of the most precious architectural assets of Argentina and one of the most successful exponents of Baroque architecture. For these reasons it is a National Historic Monument, three blocks from the Jesuit Block which is a Cultural Heritage of Humanity in accordance with the provisions of UNESCO.