The Genaro Pèrez museum offers a permanent collection of Argentine painting and in particular that of Cordoba from 1868 to contemporary art. The works are classified in a linear path that begins with the Precursors and continues with the Generation of 30, the abstraction of the avant-gardes of the 50s and ends with the currents from the 60s to today. The creation of the Dr. Genaro Pérez Museum is due to an inspired decree by the Intendant Donato Latella Frías. The Museum was organized by its first director Roberto Viola, opening its doors in 1943 on the premises of Calle Caseros, finally occupying the house. The construction was designed by the engineer Lanusse and the French architect Harry. The house was designed in 1905. Its owner was Fèlix Tomàs Garzòn, vice governor of Còrdoba at the beginning of the project and governor when, in 1910, the property was inaugurated with the presence of the then president of the nation, dr. Roque Sàenz Pena. The style of the building is French and the front grille corresponds to the Louis XVI style, as do the doors. The builder was Osvaldo Payer. This house that today houses the Genaro Pèrez Museum was subsequently the family home, the government of the province and the municipality, was also the deliberative council. The painting of the plafond of the main hall of the Genaro Pèrez Museum is the work of the painter Emilio Caraffa.