Tourist Attraction in Campo Grande: Museu das Culturas Dom Bosco
Museum of Cultures Dom Bosco is a Brazilian museum, idealized by the Salesian Province of Mato Grosso located in Campo Grande, Mato Grosso do Sul (MS). Better known as the Museum of the Indian, it was created in 1950 and inaugurated on October 27, 1951 by Salesian parents. The museum is known worldwide for the scientific rigor of its considerable collection. It is located in the Park of Indigenous Nations and it aims at development, education, leisure for adults and children. In its existence the museum formed a rich and varied collection due to the work and dedication of the following Salesians: Félix Zavataro, Cesar Albisetti, Angelo Jaime Venturelli, João Falco and recently Emilia Kashimoto in the area of archeology, Aivone Carvalho in the area of ethnology and Liane Calarge in the area of paleontology. The building has a reception, an auditorium for 130 people and space for themed exhibitions. It also has access ramps for the disabled and the elderly, which is a differential. The Museum today houses a collection of the most significant, elaborated by the taxidermist Giovani Magnin, during his trips made to the marsh and other regions. It has 40,000 pieces divided among different areas such as mineralogy, paleontology, ethnography, archeology and zoology and more than 5,000 indigenous pieces from various cultures like Xavantes, Bororos and others, as well as hundreds of birds and mammals of the Pantanal embalmed, thousands of shells and butterflies of several continents, plus a huge collection of minerals and insects.