The Paço Alfândega building dates back to 1732 and is located in the area of the old port of Recife, used in the time of Dutch domination. Initially, the place functioned as a religious refuge, constituting the premises of the Convent of the Fathers of the Order of St. Philip, better known as the Convent of the Oratorians. The building has already been used in different ways. Ninety-six years after the beginning of the occupation, the construction began to harbor Pernambuco customs. Due to the export of sugarcane, the movement was exceptional at the time. Subsequently, with the transfer of the distribution in the port area, the village was donated to Santa Casa de Misericórdia. In the 1920s and after a fire, it hit the structure of the building, which was later transformed into a warehouse. Known as the "National Historic Landmark", the building was extensively renovated in the early 2000s. Currently, the mall is among the top tourist attractions. From the terrace of the old palace you can have a splendid view of the ancient reef and the sunset over the Capibaribe river.