Tourist Attraction in Carazinho: Museu Olívio Otto
The Olívio Otto Museum, in the town of Carazinho, arose in 1957, when the death of Antonio Carlos Otto (Negrão), son of Olívio Otto, in a plane crash. Paulistinha left a wingtip, collected by his relatives and kept by his father, who, along with the other belongings of the son, started the private collection, composed of objects representative of the political, economic and social history and natural history, of the locality and Of region. In 1972, the collection, already with about 6 thousand pieces, goes to the institutionalization, under the responsibility of the city of Carazinho with the denomination of Regional Museum of the Planalto. In 1978, it had the denomination changed to Municipal Museum Pedro Vargas, in homage to the founder of the city. In 1991 Olívio Otto died and his work was even more recognized when, in 1995, through a municipal decree his name changed to the Regional Museum Olívio Otto. In July 2007, the Management and Qualification Project of the Olivio Otto Museum began to be developed, which in addition to the local transfer professionalized this space according to the new museological guidelines and the New Statute of Museums. In July 2008, the museum is reopened in its new headquarters, and because its thematic definition centered on local history is renamed the Olívio Otto Museum. Currently, linked to the Municipal Department of Education and Culture through its Department of Culture, the museum is structured, due to the diversity and eclectic collection in two nuclei: Nucleus of History and Culture and Nucleus of Natural Sciences, besides the sector of Safeguarding and Conservation of the Collection and Extension.