The Laguna Garzón Bridge, inaugurated in December 2015, connects the departments of Rocha and Maldonado, south of Garzón Lagoon, near its mouth in the Atlantic Ocean. It is a conciliatory and totally new architectural marvel. Its ring shape supported by a series of columns allows free flow of pond changes and also the use of boats, a typical element of the site. A project by Rafael Viñoli, renowned Uruguayan architect recognized by numerous international works and by the design of the new Carrasco airport in Montevideo, capital of Uruguay. It has pedestrian crossings to the landscape, has 830 meters of external rails and internal galvanized steel that go from one to another head of the bridge. Since 1976, Laguna Garzón is part of the Biosphere Reserve called Bañados del Este and, since 1977, the Lacustre National Park and Protected Area for Multiple Use of the Laguna de José Ignacio, Garzón and Rocha. Since November 2014, it has been integrated into the National System of Protected Areas (SNAP). In 1950, there was interest of the Ministry of Transportation to build a bridge in the lagoon, and for that reason began in the 60's a work that aimed to continue the route 10, joining Rocha and Maldonado. However, its construction provoked controversy and was unfinished with a skeleton that was removed in 2014. From 1995 to December 21, 2015, the lagoon was crossed by a raft installed by the National Direction of Hydrography. The discussion of the construction of a bridge in the area resurfaced in several opportunities, since it was seen as an engine for the tourist development, mainly for the department of Rocha. It was necessary to find a project with a vision that conformed to all and that will contemplate the environment and integrate it. Thanks to the willingness and public-private articulation between the National Government and the governments of Rocha and Maldonado, together with the support of the Argentine businessman Eudado Costantini, the work was completed.