The Fort of Delhi (known as Lal Qil'ah, Red Fort) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Delhi. The Red Fort and the city of Shahjahanabad were built by Emperor Shah Jahan in 1639. The appearance of the Red Fort was modified to integrate it with the Fort of Salimgarh. The fortress palace is an important attraction in the medieval town of Shahjahanabad. The plant and the aesthetics of the Forte represent the zenith of Mogol's creativity that prevailed during Shahjahan's reign. Many parts were subsequently added. The most important development phases took place during the reign of Aurangzeb and the later. Important physical changes were made following the First War of Independence during the British colonization of 1857. After gaining independence at the site, some changes were made in terms of additions / modifications to the structures. During the British period, the Fort was mainly used as a cantoniera, and even after the conquest of independence, much of the Forte remained under the control of the army until 2003. The fort is located along the Yamuna River that flows through the ditches surrounding it the walls. The north-east walls border with an older fort, the stronghold of Salimgarh, a defensive fortress built by Islam Shah Suri in 1546. The Red Fort building began in 1638 and was completed in 1648. It is believed that the ancient city of Lal Kot has been captured by Shah Jahan since Lal Kot literally means Strong Red. The Red Fort is located at the eastern end of Shahjahanabad, and takes its name from the sandstone used in a massive way for the construction of its walls. The wall is 2.5 kilometers long and has a height varying from 16 meters on the river side to 33 meters from the part of the city. The measurements showed that the project was stretched using a square grid of 82 meters. The Red Fort was conceived as a single block, and the subsequent changes did not change the pattern decisively. In the 18th century the looters damaged some sections of the palace. After the Indian motions of 1857, when the Forte was used as a headquarters, the British Army occupied and destroyed the four-fifths of the pavilions and gardens. A restoration program for the surviving parts began in 1903. The Red Fort shows the high level achieved by the art of that period. Works within the Fort are a synthesis of Persian, European and Indian art, which led to the development of the Shahjahani style particularly rich in shapes, expressions and colors. The Fort is one of India's most important complexes and contains a large slice of Indian history and its art. It is a symbol of architectural power and brilliance. Prior to being declared a site of national importance, in 1913, works were carried out for site retention. The walls are slightly ornate, articulated by bands in the upper section. They open in two main gates, Delhi and Lahore. Lahore is the main entrance; leads to a long covered street that contained the bazaar, the Chatta Chowk, whose walls are aligned and equipped with shopping stalls. The Chatt Chowk leads to a large open space where it crosses a large artery on the north-south route that represented the original division between military buildings, to the west, and the palaces to the east. At the southern end of this street is the gateway to Delhi. On the eastern side of the square, Lahore Gate and Chatta Chowk, is Naqqar Khana (drum home), the main door of the palace, named after the music gallery on the upper floor. Diwan-i-Am, the great pavilion of imperial hearings. A canopy throne decorated for the emperor lies in the center of the eastern wall of Diwan, conceived as a copy of the throne of King Solomon.