Tourist Attraction in Tel Aviv: Tel Aviv Museum of Art
The Tel Aviv Museum of Art is an art museum located in Tel Aviv and was founded in 1932. Inside it houses a collection of classical and contemporary art, as well as pieces of Israeli culture. The museum was founded in 1932  and originally housed in the home of Meir Dizengoff, mayor of Tel Aviv: later, in 1959, he was transferred to a room dedicated to Helena Rubinstein and in 1971 finally moved inside of the current location; in 1999 the building underwent expansion works that led to the construction of a new wing and the arrangement of the garden. The museum's collection includes works by the greatest artists of the twentieth century, especially those that refer to the currents. Fauvism, Expressionism, Cubism, Futurism, Constructivism, Surrealism and Impressionism of the Paris School: among the exhibited artists are Chaïm Soutine, Gustav Klimt, Vasilij Vasil'evič Kandinskij, Joan Miró and Pablo Picasso, especially with works dating back to the period blue and its last phase. In 1950 the museum was enriched by the Peggy Guggenheim collection, which includes 36 works by abstract and surrealist artists such as Jackson Pollock, William Baziotes, Richard Pousette-Dart, Yves Tanguy, Roberto Matta and André Masson. In 1989, Roy Lichtenstein donated a wall panel to the museum exhibited in the entrance hall, while, in 2011, a new exhibition space of approximately 19,000 square meters, houses a section dedicated to photographs. In addition to the permanent collection, the museum also hosts several temporary exhibitions, and several sculptures are housed in the garden.