The Caricyno park or Tsaritsyno park, is located in Moscow and dates back to the late sixteenth century. It includes the homonymous museum founded in 1984. Known since the end of the 16th century, the park was initially owned by Tsarina Irina, sister of Tsar Boris Godunov. At the time it was called Bogorodskoe. In the seventeenth century the property passed to the Strenev family and then to the Golicyn princes. He received the current name, meaning "of the zarina", in 1775, when it was bought by Empress Catherine II of Russia. Between 1775 and 1786 the architect Vasily Ivanovich Baenov built a new building on behalf of the Zarina, but in 1786 he ordered its partial demolition. The architect Matvej Kazakov worked on the construction until 1797, but the building remained incomplete. Currently it houses an architecture museum, a park with a nearby forest an art museum, the Birjul'ovo dendropark and a waterfall. The palace was built, although it remained incomplete, in neo-Gothic style, according to the plans of Bazenov and Kazakov, the only neo Gothic architecture of the eighteenth present on the Russian territory. In the park, around the palace are several pavilions, pergolas, groves, artificial caves, decorative bridges and a Russian Orthodox church, as well as a modern leisure center and a trendy restaurant. For a long time the building was abandoned and used by climbers to train. Recently many buildings have been completed with the addition of roofs, walls and interior decorations and their historical appearance has been modified. Some also house the Russian museum of folklore and applied art. The "Bread House" lobby is used for concerts by Russian musicians. According to some, the palace will be rebuilt when there will be a new sovereign. The park grounds include a group of mounds belonging to the Eastern Slavic tribe of the Vjatiči dating back to the 11th and 13th centuries.