Kuskovo, it was the summer country house and the estate of the Seremetev family. The palace was built by his son, Pëtr Borisovič eremetev (1713 and 1787). Count Seremetev was one of the richest men in Russia, near the court and patron. He built Kuskovo at the same time as he was also building the Seremetev palace on the bank of the Fontanka River in St. Petersburg. The construction was carried out between the years 1730 and the 1790s, over an area of over three hundred hectares. The oldest surviving structure is the Church of the Savior, on the site of the old wooden church, built in 1737 and 1739 in the Petrine Baroque style, and decorated with marble statues. The neoclassical bell tower was added later, in 1792. The Dutch house was built between 1749 and 1751 by architect Kologrivov, who then expanded the pond to the size of a lake and set up the park and canals. The neoclassical façade, attributable to the French architect Charles De Wailly, was added in 1774, after the owner's son had returned from Paris. The twenty-six rooms in the building were designed for entertainment and to impress guests on official occasions. The estate was visited by Tsarina Catherine II in 1775, a visit that was commemorated by an obelisk in the park. After the 1917 revolution, the property was nationalized. In 1919 the building was transformed into a small museum of natural history. Ten years later it became home to the state museum of porcelain, founded in 1918 and 20 in Moscow. It housed the nationalized collections of Russian art collectors Morozov, Zoubalov and Botkine. In 1932 it was renamed the State Museum of Ceramics. The Park of Kuskovo was created between 1750 and 1780, as a traditional French garden, with large floral ornaments, carefully trimmed hedges, and avenues that intersected at right angles or diagonally. The avenues were decorated with statues and bounded or by rows of pruned trees in the form of spheres or large vases, oranges or myrtles cut in the shape of a cone. Eight avenues of the park met at the spot where the Hermitage circular pavilion, built between 1764 and 1777, is located. The Grotto was built between 1755 and 1761 by architect Argunov, and was to represent the palace of the King of Mari. It was located near a large pond, which reflected its imposing façade and dome. The interior rows of niches were occupied by statues of Venus, Diana, Ceres, Flora, Juno and Jupiter. The windows were covered with iron grills forged by artisans in the form of seaweed strands. The interior space, under the dome, was to be the throne room of Neptune, encrusted with marine shells (1771 and 1775). La Grotta is one of the few buildings of the kind of the eighteenth century, which still retains the original decorations. A traditional Dutch brick house was built in the fifties of the eighteenth century on a small pond near the palace. The house had a kitchen on the ground floor, decorated from floor to ceiling with Delft tiles. The upper floor was furnished with simple, sturdy Dutch furniture and richly decorated with Delft tiles. The Winter Garden, or Orangerie, built between 1761 and 1764, was designed by F. Argounov. It was not used as a greenhouse, as the lemons, oranges and pineapples served to guests in Kuskovo were grown in greenhouses outside the park. In the 60s of the twentieth century, it was converted into an exhibition hall for porcelain collections. This palace houses the most prized collections of Western porcelains in Eastern Europe, which had been collected by several generations of the Seremetev family.