Tourist Attraction in Salerno: Chiesa di Sant'Andrea Apostolo - detta - Chiesa dell'Annunziatella
The church of Sant'Andrea Apostolo, known as the Annunziatella di Salerno, is located in via Canali, in the ancient longobard district of the city. It was inaugurated in 1758 and it was used by adolescent adolescents in the nearby conservatory who could access it directly from the second floor of the institute, Through an entrance realized with the transformation of the right wing of the porch panels. Of the two reserved choirs one is placed on the tall altar, protected by an elegant golden grate, and the other on the entrance door. The façade is decorated with white motifs on an ocher yellow background and features a stone portal flanked by two niches surrounded by stucco frames and surmounted by an eardrum on which the coat of arms of the conservatory is located. In the recently restored façade there is a fountain with a characteristic dome roof. The interior, decorated with baroque stucco, has a single nave with side chapels in which, enclosed in frames, there are paintings of the eighteenth century depicting: "San Domenico and San Francesco", "San Carlo Borromeo", "The transit of san Giuseppe ". The main altar was realized in polychrome marbles between 1767 and 1772 on the design of the engineer Carlo Sessa, by the master Pasquale Cartolano. Attached to the church is the Conservatory Ave Gratia Plena Minor, an ancient monastery used as a pond conservatory for young and noble Salernitans, who studied music. At present, it hosts the youth hostel, and the only courtyard can be visited, featuring an artistic fountain and a "Catalan" loggia.