Porta Castiglione is one of the doors of the third city wall of the city of Bologna.
Porta Castiglione is located at the intersection between via Castiglione and the ring road. Built in 1250, it is entirely made of brick. Next to the door came the city of Savena, which provided hydraulic energy to the city. It was deactivated and then reopened several times over the centuries. It was restructured between 1378 and 1403 and then undergone a heavy restoration in 1850, which contributed, together with the dismantling of the walls at the beginning of the twentieth century, to give it its present appearance. Porta Castiglione, like the other gates of the third district, was subject to important restoration work between 2007 and 2009.