The sacred building, officiated by Jesuit fathers, is the monumental complex of San Michele, with its architectural, baroque lines, decorative equipment and sculptural and pictorial works that it carries, the main testimony of Baroque art in Sardinia . Attached to the church stood the former Jesuit novitiate House, since 1848 Military Hospital. The Society of Jesus, present in Sardinia since 1559 in Sassari, constituted the first community in Cagliari in 1564; in this year the Jesuits founded their first city college at the present Church of Santa Croce in Castello. On the contrary, in 1584, the foundation of the House of the Novitiate in the Stampace district, by the decision of General Claudio Acquaviva, transferred the novitiate from Busachi to Cagliari, near the ancient Church of the Saints Michele and Egidio. The first attestation of a worship dedicated to the angels in this place dates back to the middle of the ninth century; as evidenced by a letter from Pope Leo IV of 854, in which John the Bishop of Cagliari Giovanni re-sacrificed the altar of the church devoted to the holy angels, at the time consecrated by the heretic bishop Arsenio. The elements that characterize the exterior of the church of San Michele are mainly the particular facade and the octagonal dome. At the top there is a classical magazine where, in a niche, is placed the statue of the patron, the archangel S. Michele, of Genoese school and origin. The coat of arms on the right is that of the Monsignor. Giovanni Sanna, bishop of Ampurias and Civita: portrays a wild boar under an oak tree, dominated by the bishop's hat, the coat of arms is identical to that of S. Caterina in Sassari. The coat of arms on the left belongs to the benefactor Francesco Angelo Dessi (on four quarters representing: a goose, a laurel wreath, six hearts, a bird with a cartridge in the beak). The coat of arms is repeated on the entrance door to the sacristy, above the arches of the dome. The pavilion dome stands on an octagonal drum on which four windows are opened, alternating with blind octagons. Covered with tiled tiles, From the entrance staircase to the façade there is a large lobby In the median area of the atrium, lying on the bottom wall, is the pulpit of Carlo V. It is, in fact, a parchment, not original, but coming from the church of the Friars Minor Convent of St. Francis. San Michele presents a centralized plant but with a different development of space. the central plant rests on an elliptical cross-over octagon on the opposite sides, which includes two major central altar chapels, which open directly on the central vault of the church, and six interconnected radial chapels, three on each side, barreled. On the left side of the hall is the precious pulpit decorated in marble. On the sides open the chapels, eight in all, connecting each other so as to form a deambulatorio that runs through the perimeter of the temple, also marked by high peaks, regaining the trabeation, above which the dome rises. Over time, the chapels were given different attributes; right now there are those dedicated to the Sacred Heart, and to the Virgin with a Child. At the height of the vault, above the four arcons are the IHS monograph of Jesus and Mary. Above the altar we find the wooden statue of San Michele in gold-plated wood of the sculptor Giuseppe De Rosa in 1620. On the bottom wall stands the main altar, characterized by four tortilla columns, the wooden statue of the Archangel holder and an overabundance of decorations. at the sides of the archangel two marble statues with St. Joseph and Sant'Anna. The floor of the presbytery was made in 1725 by the disciple of the Massetti, that is Pietro Pozzo, it is characterized by the reproduction of the star with the rose of the winds, with white and black bicolour tips.