Tourist Attraction in Luxembourg: Palais Grand-Ducal
The Grand Ducal Palace is the official residence of the grand Duke of Luxembourg, and where he performed most of his duties as head of the state of the grand duchy. Since 1817, the palace became the residence of the governor, the representative of the grand dukes of the Netherlands. As such, was used by Prince Henry, during the period in which it was Lieutenant Representative of Luxembourg. The interior of the building was renovated in 1883, in preparation for a visit of the grand Duke William III and his wife grand Duchess Emma. With The Ascension of the house of Nassau-Weilburg in 1890, the palace was reserved exclusively for the grand Duke and his family.