Frauenkirche is a Lutheran worship building, one of the symbols of the city of Dresden. It was designed by the architect George Bahr and built between 1726 and 1743. The building is inspired by architecture and to the domes of the baroque Italian churches of the time. Among the most important symbols of Saxony's capital, it is considered the most beautiful Lutheran church in Germany. After the designer's death in 1738, construction was completed by architect Johann Georg Schmid. The stone dome, for its slender form, was nicknamed "Die Steinerne Glocke", the "Stone Bell". On February 13, 1945, during the violent British bombing of the RAF, the church was not directly hit by bombs. Before the war the large windows were walled to preserve the interior; however, some were left open on one side. The storm of fire devastating the city also sparked fire inside the church. They burned the balconies and all the wooden furniture. But the church stood still for two days; Then, following the fall of the temperature, as a result of the cooling of the sandstone (and the change of its nature, which became spongy for the high temperature), one of the eight pillars supporting the dome, moved: this, failing the support, collapsed on itself by dragging the entire building, which remained in the state of ruin for 45 years. He had to wait until 1990, after German reunification, for an evolution of the situation, which came with the Dresden appeal (Ruf aus Dresden) on 13 February, on the occasion of the 45th anniversary of the destruction of the city. The initiative, started by citizens under the initiative of musician Ludwig Guttler, began with 14 members who, after the appeal, grew to more than 5,000 in 1991 (Dresden Trust in Great Britain, Friends of Dresden, Inc. in the States United, Association reconstruction of Frauenkirche in Dresden in France). With exhibitions and concerts, private donations and subsidies, the restoration project was able to start and the Stiftung Frauenkirche Dresden was founded, with the patronage of Saxony's land and the Gospel Church. The first stage of restoration, until 1994, consisted in the removal of rubble. In 1996, the reconstruction of the vault vault was completed, in 2002 all the assembly work, mostly made with original, timely repertoire materials, to make the building look original. All the elements, including wall paintings irretrievably lost, are as faithful to the original as possible, thanks to the periodicals. It is worth to note, then, the golden cross overlapping the dome, funded by the British as a sign of reconciliation. The church, completed, was consecrated on October 30, 2005 to be fully visible to tourists in 2006, on the occasion of the 800th anniversary of the city. This building, also according to the intentions of the German government, thus assumes the function of a symbol of peace and reconciliation among peoples.