Gruuthuse (Gruuthusemuseum) is a museum in Bruges, specialized in applied or decorative art with exhibitions from the XIII to XIX century. It occupies a large medieval building, overlooking the Dijver canal. In the 15th century there was the merchant who collected the tax on "Gruut", a herbal mixture that was added to barley in the brewing process. The Gothic facade has an elegant tower, fifteen-century stone steps and stone windows. The halls, often decorated with period pieces, articulate in a labyrinth, showing the original combination of several buildings, and show collections ranging from tapestries to furniture, from precious metals to ceramics, weapons to musical instruments. Fireplaces and wooden beamed ceilings are original. The exhibition path runs on two floors for a total of 22 rooms. Among the rarest pieces a terracotta bust of Charles V, attributed to Konrad Meit (1520) and an 18th century guillotine, in the armory. The kitchen and the private family chapel (1472), covered in an oak boiserie, and the direct view of the aisle of the church of Our Lady, was an inspiration.