The Serbian church in Budapest is a place of worship of orthodox religion in the Pest district, in the eastern part of the Hungarian capital. The Serbs began immigrating to Pest in the 16th century, settling in the area where the church, now residential area, rises. Other Serbian immigrants came to the next century, who at the end of the nineteenth century represented almost 25 percent of Pest residents. The history of the Serbian Pest church dates back to 1698, when the Serbian community decided to build a new baroque religious building on the site of a former church. After a reconstruction work according to András Meyerhoffer's project, which lasted until the middle of the eighteenth century, the church acquired its definitive aspect. The innards are typical of a Greek Orthodox church. A section of the aisle accessible from a porch is reserved for women; the area is separate from the male one by a slatted floor and by a floor lowering of about 30 cm from zone to zone. The chorus is enclosed by an iconostasis dating back to 1850, which separates it from the sanctuary. The carving is the work of the Serbian sculptor Miahai Janić, while the paintings of Italian Renaissance influence were made by the Greek painter Károly Sterio.