The Atrium of St. Maclovo, or St. Maclovo's Court, in French Aître Saint-Maclou is an ancient cemetery-ossuary where the buried were buried. It is located near the Church of Saint Maclovo in the French city of Rouen. Built in the sixteenth century, it is one of the rarest examples of this kind of Europe-wide ossuary, and a fine example of lofty architecture. It is a historic monument of France since 1862. The Atrium of Rouen derives its name from the word Aitre, which from ancient French designated a cemetery, in turn derived from the Latin Atrium, which defined the entry yard opposite the entrance of the Roman villas. Reworked, the term was interpreted over time as the courtyard located in front of a church entrance where he subsequently began to bury the dead, then a cemetery. The San Maclovio cemetery dates back to the black plague of 1348. As a result of a new large epidemic in the sixteenth century it became necessary to increase its capacity, and so the parish decided to build galleries destined for the ossuary. The construction of the complex began in 1526 for the western side, and its work was directed by architect Guillaume Rybert. In 1529 the northern wing was completed and in 1533 the eastern one was completed. The southern gallery was erected only from 1651 on the wish of Father Robert Duchesne, to set up a school for the young poor of the parish, but the cemetery continued to be in use. In 1658 the small St. Michele Chapel was erected by Pierre Daust. In 1705 the School of Charity is entrusted to the Christian School Brothers, a school founded by Saint John the Baptist of La Salle, and installed in the galleries between the chapels of the "Trapassati" and "San Michele", which are transformed between the 1745 and 1749 to receive the classes. In 1758 the ossuary was partially affected by a fire and restored. The Normandy Parliament ordered in 1779 the abolition of urban burial sites following a royal proclamation. Thus the San Maclovio cemetery is closed in 1781. In 1907 the School of the Brothers was closed, replaced in 1911 by a college for young girls. In 1927, the Commune of Rouen purchased the buildings, planning to place the Norman Art Museum occupying the Church of San Lorenzo, but after restoration, in 1940, the School of Fine Arts was installed, still present. The ossuary is made up of four galleries arranged around a rectangular large central 32 meter wide and long 48. The first three galleries are built on a pedestal on a columned stone basement with carved sculpted Renaissance decorations representing a macabre dance. The southern gallery of the 17th century has no hoof and sculptures. All the galleries are closed by eaves ringing the Sant'Andrea cross, opened by large windows and topped by a high roof. The exposed beams of the gratings are decorated with macabre motifs, liturgical instruments and funerals.