The Rimbaud Museum is dedicated to the poet Arthur Rimbaud, in his hometown of Charleville-Mézières. It is located in a historic building in Charleville, an old mill on the banks of the Meuse. The history of the museum is on one side of the building, this old mill and the museum now installed inside. The mill's history is linked to the creation of all parts of the city of Charleville in 1606. In 1626 Charles de Gonzague decided to build on a Meuse a common mill worthy of the new city. The building is built by Claude Briau, but is part of the urban plan initiated by the architect Clément Métezeau. With a desired effect of symmetry, it is truly a fourth monumental door. Its façade is distinguished by the presence of four ionic columns circulating throughout the height of the building, an impressive bend and a triangular pediment. The mill began to grind the grain and produce flour from 1627. For more than a century, it has brought income to the city. The miller family, a famous family of Ardennes mills, payers, escapes a small disaster. The interior is completely destroyed. An investigation is conducted, but the origin of the fire will not be determined, causing a legal battle over the responsibilities. which will immediately make the case law 3. For more than two years, the great Charleville mill no longer works. Workers are committed to restoring it and restoring its magnificence. The miller, reduced to unemployment the time of the works, leaves the city to settle in Vouziers. The activity then resumes. The mill is sold as a national property during the Revolution and is used as such until 1887. At the time of the young Rimbaud, there are two other activities at the mill, tanneries and communal laundries. Sold for sale in 1893, the mill is purchased by the municipality. This restores it. It is restored in 2015 with a renovated museum. It is a historic monument classified in 1981. The collection dedicated to Arthur Rimbaud has been collected since 1948. It has been presented for a time in the sacristy of the Sacred Heart. But the museum was actually created in 1969, in its hometown. on October 20, 2015, the Rimbaud Museum is officially inaugurated after two years of construction. On the ground floor is a permanent collection. Includes letters, telegrams and photographs of Rimbaud's life and some original items on his trip to Cyprus and Africa, suitcases, pieces of cloth, watches, technical books. Also a trip trunk has been restored. A project of the famous table of Fantin Latour, the corner of the table, is also offered to the visitor. Of course, literary work is evoked through original editions, original manuscripts, in particular the Voyelles poetry manuscript, and facsimiles of manuscripts. Finally, a tribute is given to artists from the twentieth century, whose work refers to Arthur Rimbaud, and in particular to Pablo Picasso, Fernand Leger, Jean Cocteau, Max Ernst. But also one of Ernest Pignon-Ernest's stencils. A staircase leads to plans dedicated to photographs of Ethiopia and temporary exhibitions of the poet. The museum also has a selection of Rimbaud books, which can be purchased on the ground floor. Located on the same platform as the Rimbaud Museum, across the street at number 7 is one of the first houses in Rimbaud in Charleville. Today, the building that houses this former apartment has become another place dedicated to the poet, the House of Elsewhere. A little further along the quay is the municipal library Place de l'Agriculture. You can also go to the birthplace of Rimbaud, rue Pierre-Bérégovoy, or the old cemetery, Rimbaud's tomb, easily accessible, or Place de la Gare. A tourist trail Rimbaud-Verlaine, to be followed by car, begins at the mill.