Tourist Attraction in Tromello: Chiesa di San Martino
The church of San Martino is a place of worship of Tromello, 1361, erected by Goffredo Panizzari, being dark and narrow, to a single nave, in 1460, the Rector wrote that there were two clerics in the parish with their own chapels. In November 1622, a winery was bought, adjacent to the Church by the Reverend Fathers of St. Francis of Vigevano, with the aim of expanding the Church, whose intervention ended in 1666. Along the entire outer perimeter of the Church there was a cemetery, of the width of "two steps" that carried out its task until the first decade of 1800. characteristic and singular, the fresco of the Madonna della Donzellina of the fifteenth century, removed from the wall of the farmhouse in the same name in 1686 and carried into a chapel specifically obstructed to contain the sacred image, considered miraculous. At the foot of the chapel is the heart of the Cardinal Milanese Carlo Gaetano. While retaining the original shape of a single nave, the church was enriched with side chapels and seven new altars following enlargement. The side aisles were painted in 1884 by Paolo Maggi of Pavia and the central nave was painted in 1884 by Pietro Ramella. Of all the sacred pictures displayed in the various chapels the most remarkable we can admire are the Madonna del Rosario, opera of 600 painted by Guglielmo Caccia, known as Moncalvo, the Virgin of Saints and the Deposition of Christ attributed to Giovan Battista Crespi called Cerano (1573) (he was an Italian painter, sculptor and architect, active in the age of Contrary Reformation). In 1962, the new baptistery was built on the Archi. Francesco Portaluppi of Tromello, a remarkable work full of marble and mosaics completed by a wrought iron wand, by our local craftsman Giovanni Gallotti. San Martino on the facade of the church was painted by the painter Mazzucchi of Vigevano. The painting was restored and refreshed in the summer of 1995 by the painter Remo Faggi of Vigevano. In front of the Parish of San Martino there are three baroque chapels, formerly known as Cappellone. Their erection dates back to the second half of the eighteenth century and they were inside the ancient communal cemetery, where mass could also be celebrated. The central chapel has an altar surmounted by a relief depicting the Deposition of Christ; those on the sides represent the sacred and the profane, with various relief designs, all with stucco. The three chapels are closed by iron gates.