The Brandhorst Museum is located in the Maxvorstadt district. It is part of the great museums of the Kunstareal (museum area), including the Old Pinacoteca, the Pinacoteca Nuova, the Modern Art Gallery and the Egyptian Museum of Munich. The museum was inaugurated on May 18, 2009 and hosts the collections of modern and contemporary art by Brandhorst spouses. The museum director is Armin Zweite. It was realized by the Sauerbruch-Hutton architecture studio and has an exhibition area of 3,200 square meters over a total of 5,000 square meters, divided into three floors. The eccentrically colored facade was painted in 23 different colors. 36,000 tiled ceramic tiles placed vertically form the museum's outer finishing. Different color effects are created from each angle. The collection includes a collection of more than 700 works, privileging art that goes back to 1945. In the Brandhorst Museum are particularly exposed the works of the following artists: Andy Warhol: Self-Portrait; eggs; Knives; Marilyn; Natalie Wood; Joseph Beuys; Cy Twombly: Bacchus; Summer Madness; Lepanto; Roses; Untitled 2007; Damien Hirst: Waste; Sigmar Polke: Die der Lügen der Malerei; Freiheit, Gleichheit; John Chamberlain: Lord Suckfist; Bruce Nauman: 2 Heads on Base; Mean Clown welcome; Eric Fischl: Livingroom. The artist to whom the greatest importance was given is Twombly. A whole museum floor is dedicated to him. A hall was conceived by the architect according to the exhibition of the 12 large format paintings of Twombly with the battle title of Lepanto.