Tourist Attraction in Oberschleißheim: Schloss SchleiBheim
Schleibheim Castle (Schloss SchleiBheim) is an architectural complex located in the town of Oberschleibheim. It includes three castles: SchleiBheim's Old Castle and SchleiBheim's New Castle located in the western park area and the Lustheim Castle in the eastern part of the park. The entire complex was conceived as a summer residence by Bavarian rulers. The Old Castle of SchleiBheim (Alte Schloss) was built between 1617 and 1623 in the place where a pre-existing architectural structure was built. The direction of the work was entrusted to the architect Heinrich Schon. During the Second World War, the structure suffered serious damage, being restored to its aesthetic appearance during the seventies of the twentieth century. The Lustheim Castle (Schloss Lustheim) was built between 1684 and 1685 at the opposite end of the estate, more than one kilometer from the Old Castle, and was mainly used as a hunting lodge. The direction of the work was entrusted to the architect Enrico Zuccalli. The SchleiBheim Schleißheim Castle (Neues Schloss) was commissioned between 1701 and 1726 by Prince Elector Massimiliano II Emanuele of Bavaria to the architect Enrico Zuccalli, who in the previous years had built the Lustheim Castle. The complex was later supplemented by Joseph Effner. The area in which the three distinct architectural complexes arise extends over a kilometer with orientation from west to east and is characterized by the presence of a vast park of monumental French delimited by a circular ditch. It is centered on the great central perspective of the great canal that crosses the entire area between the New Castle and the Castle of Lustheim. The manor house is made up of a rectangular sectional body, which is articulated on one level and resting on a basement basement. Both the east side facing the New Castle and the west side facing the inner garden are the entrance doors. To the west the inner garden is enclosed by another rectangular body, placed parallel to the first, which is characterized by the clock tower rising in the center of the façade facing the Old Castle and is what remains of the pre-existing architectural structure built in the late sixteenth century by William V of Bavaria, before the castle was properly built. Schleibheim's New Castle looks like an impressive architectural complex. Numerous rooms were frescoed on the ceiling by Venetian painter Jacopo Amigoni, with scenes from the Aeneid where the prince is allegorically represented as Aeneas. Today in the castle there is a gallery of baroque paintings (Staatsgalerie) belonging to the collection of the Bavarian State (one of the so-called "secondary galleries" with respect to the Alta Pinakothek in Munich, although the quality of the works exhibited, especially after the last set-up of 2001 , she is very tall). Among the most important painters represented are the Flemish friars Peter Paul Rubens, van Dyck; the Italians Ludovico Carracci, Annibale Carracci, Guido Reni, Guercino, Carlo Saraceni, Marcantonio Bassetti and many other artists. In 1971, a collection of porcelain from the Meissen factory belonging to the Bavarian National Museum has been preserved since 1971, which is a detached home. The main hall of the palace on the ground floor was originally the Salone da Ballo, while on the two side wings there were the apartments in which the prince and the elector's prince respectively resided; on the upper floor there were the rooms for servitude.