The church of San Rocco is located in the municipality of Piazza Armerina. The church of San Rocco or Fundrò (or also called Condrò) and the adjoining monastery belonged to the Benedictines from 1622. The monks originally occupied a monastery with an adjoining church in the Fundrò district, on the border between the territories of Piazza and Enna. The fiefdom and the abbey were owned by the Uberti family and when Giovanni degli Uberti rebelled against King Martino, at the time of the Four Vicars, the seigniory was granted, on 6 December 1393, to Nicolò Branciforte. In 1396, following the struggle between the Catalan and Latin factions, the villages of Fundrò, Rossomanno, Polino and Gatta were destroyed and the inhabitants forced to move to Piazza and Castrogiovanni. The Uberti managed to reacquire the lordship on the fief of Fundrò only on 30 March 1397 thanks to Scaloro. The church was rebuilt with the donations of the citizens of Piazza, but already in 1418 the static conditions of the factory were precarious. The new prior, Guglielmo Crescimanno, piazzese, had it rebuilt and among the ruins of the previous building a statue of the Madonna was found. The fief of Fundrò, became an uncomfortable place for the religious who agreed with the jurors of Enna, who had promised the church of Santa Sofia. The abbot, fra Germano da Capua, obtained permission from the bishop of Catania in 1612. The façade is in a hut, with a bell tower, slightly higher than the church, raised on the right side. It is framed by two massive cantonal sandstone and covered with clay bricks. Even the bell tower, up to the frame of the cantonal, recalls the style by presenting, on the two sides visible from the facade, also sandstone and bricks, divided into four floors with narrow and small loopholes to illuminate the inside; the other two sides are made of shapeless stone. The last order of the bell tower, however, is entirely made of bricks and has pilasters that inequate round arches. The roof of the bell tower is four-pitched. The façade of the church is enriched by a sumptuous and elaborate sandstone portal, whose structure is unitary with that of the window above. The portal has two pilasters (adorned) on each side, with Doric capitals and feathered reliefs. The whole is surmounted by a richly carved architrave and a jutting cornice. Above the frame, between volutes and flames, there is a beautiful sundial also carved in sandstone. The window has decorations with ova and side friezes and is surmounted by a jutting cornice. Two semi-columns leaning against the walls and two other columns define an atrium above which there is a choir and a pipe organ. In the last bay, on the left, there is the secondary entrance to the church and, on the right, the entrance to the sacristy and to the other service rooms. The cornice of the choir is richly covered with stuccos. Stucco and frescoes decorated the church entirely. Only a few traces remain of the frescoes from which it is understood that altogether they had to produce an illusory optical effect aimed at deforming the building's lines. The minor altars, in marble and wood, are defined by round-headed arches that frame stuccos, frescoes, sculptures and canvases. Particular mention should be made of the statue of S. Rocco, a canvas depicting the Madonna with monstrance and saints dated to the beginning of the seventeenth century and another canvas with the Communion of Benedictine Fathers of the second quarter of the seventeenth century. The presbytery is raised and framed by a round arch resting on cruciform pillars. The key of this bow presents a stucco shield bearing the PAX inscription. In the presbytery is housed a marble and wood altar with gilding, and columns with Corinthian capitals, framing an apsed niche where the Virgin and Child are kept.