Palazzo Torlonia is a historic building in Avezzano in Abruzzo, located in an area of the urban center adjacent to the square of the same name. The original building, built in the second half of the nineteenth century, was almost completely destroyed by the earthquake of 1915. It was rebuilt by Torlonia and inaugurated in 1925 the building is owned by the Abruzzo Region while the management is in the municipality of Avezzano. Before the Marsica earthquake of 1915 the palaces were two, built between 1870 and 1875 by the Torlonia on one side of Piazza Aia, renamed Piazza Torlonia. The main one was elegant and impressive. It was structured on three floors, it also had a bell tower and a clock that marked the hours of the day. It housed offices, guest quarters and even a chapel. The coat of arms of the Torlonia family showed itself from every window and a balcony allowed to overlook the gardens of the municipal villa with the beautiful fountain built by the spouses Anna Maria Torlonia and Giulio Borghese in 1899. The whole was surmounted by a superb façade. Of this sumptuous building only vintage photographs remain. The earthquake of 1915, in fact, razed it completely to the ground and the recovery interventions of the twenties did not take particular account of the original model, so much so that an entire floor was eliminated, like the bell tower and the clock. The palace rebuilt by the will of Giovanni and Carlo Torlonia was inaugurated in 1925. In 2017, a municipal library with a fund of around 6,000 volumes on the history of the area was reorganized in a wing of the first floor together with the historical archive of the Study Center Marsicani "Ugo Maria Palanza" containing folders with historical documents relating to the administrative activities of all the Marsican municipalities and some municipalities in Abruzzo. The walls of the first floor are decorated by wall paintings made in 1932 by the artists Vincenzo Alicandri, who decorated the hall of the Prince, Francesco Antonio Bianchi, who created the paintings in the atrium and later by Pietro Cascella. The works depict the self-sacrifice and sacrifice of the pioneers who completed the drying up of the Fucino. The painted ceramic floors come from Vietri sul Mare. As was the case in the Casette delle Civette, located in the garden of the Roman villa, the liberty drawings of the majolica were made at the request of Carlo Torlonia in the palace rebuilt after the earthquake by the firms Richard-Ginori, Cantagalli and Villeroy & Boch, while the windows and irons beaten were made by well-known Italian artists of the twentieth century. The new building on the small balcony featured a sculpted phoenix from the Torlonia coat of arms, designed by the architect Carlo Nicola Carnevali, to symbolize the rebirth of the city. This element was lost in 1945 at the end of the Second World War. The other building, instead, housed the administration and was located next to the granaries. It too was completely destroyed in 1915. Only the well built for the construction of the Avezzano aqueduct and the fountain in Piazza Torlonia at the end of the nineteenth century was saved.