The Diocesan Museum, in the heart of the city of Tropea, next to the Norman cathedral, is located in the ancient Episcopal palace of Tropea. the Diocesan Museum. At the entrance a porch welcomes visitors, with its marble statues, which introduces the structure, proposes a historical route, starting from the Middle Ages, it reaches the nineteenth century after Christ. On the one hand, works attributed to important artists from all over the South of Italy, on the other side of a large group of paintings by local artists (Giuseppe Grimaldi 1690 and 1748), the most important painter of Tropea at the time. Other Tropea painters present are Gaetano Bagnati, Jacopo Ruffa and Gregorio Zangone. Also interesting are the works commissioned by Neapolitan artists, with three large paintings (Madonna del Rosario), a Madonna del Carmine and San Tommaso by Nicola Menzele (1729 and 1789), a pupil of De Mura. the Adoration of the shepherds of Cosmo Sannio. In the first exhibition hall, dominated by, pieces of a grandiose fresco, in the next room, the sparkle of the splendid statue of Santa Domenica from Tropea. Then the large canvases of the Neapolitan Menzele, at the temporary exhibition of the seventeenth-century recurring Madonna's cycle, completing with the decoration of the Chapel of the Nobles. Important temporary exhibitions complete the route, which is unmissable for every visitor who arrives in the ancient and noble Tropea.