The Matrice Church stands out in the historical center, initially dedicated to the birth of our Domina and later Nativity of Maria Santíssima, adapting to that purpose what was a large warehouse for wheat. The church itself still features the bell tower. It was a high parish in 1909 with the appointment of the first parish priest, Don Giuseppe Scuderi. Inside there is a wooden crucifix from the 18th century, a statue of the Madonna delle Grazie and the seven altars in precious marble. The church appears without a well-defined style, was decorated with stucco, a floor of scaglietta and cement and a polychrome marble altar.