Tourist Attraction in Ramacca: Chiesa di San Giuseppe
A scenic staircase leads to the church dedicated to St. Joseph with the annexed former Capuchin convent. Initially the convent church was dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows; but in 1858, it was placed under the auspices of the Immaculate. It is said that the convent was sold at auction in 1883 in Mineo to Mr. Gravina Francesco, who after turning it into a palace, sold it to his brother Count Biagio Gravina. With the attached garden he turned it into a villa. Finally, with the decree of 1952 by Monsignor Pietro Capizzi, attached to the church, it still hosts the parish of San Giuseppe. The church, with a neo-classical facade, has a single nave decorated with stuccoes and altars, decorated with oil paintings of the Cross, the Addolorata and some Capuchin Saints, as well as the wooden statues of Saints. Luigi Gonzaga by Luigi Santifaller from Ortisei, of Christ at the Column, of Our Lady of Sorrows and of a Crucifix, all by unknown authors of the period. The apse still preserves the base niche with the wooden statue of the Madonna, the central altar with a presidential chair, the marble baptismal font of the Alberghina brothers, and finally an inlaid wooden tabernacle of the nineteenth century. San Giuseppe, is the patron saint of the village. it is also possible to visit: The Ramacca Civic and Archaeological Museum was established in 1979 and inaugurated in 1982. The Mountain Archaeological Park was inaugurated in January 2007.