Tourist Attraction in Sant'Agata De'Goti: Cattedrale dell'Assunta
Il duomo di Sant'Agata de' Goti, intitolato all'Assunta, riveste dal 1986 il ruolo di concattedrale a seguito dell'unione della diocesi locale con quella di Cerreto Sannita.
The cathedral of Sant'Agata de 'Goti, named after the Assumption, has been the co-cathedral since 1986 following the union of the local diocese with that of Cerreto Sannita. It was founded in 970, rebuilt in the twelfth century and restored several times after the earthquake of 1688. The exterior consists of a large pronao with three bays with twelve columns and capitals. The main portal in Romanesque style, similar to that of the church of S. Menna, has on its two sides two pairs of columns with capitals in Corinthian style. In the seventeenth century Baroque stuccos were added. To the left of those looking at the facade of the Cathedral is the bell tower, a three-tier with a dome with yellow and green majolica tiles. The interior has a Latin cross with three naves, transept, dome and presbytery. In the side chapels are located valuable works of art framed by baroque stucco and having altars in polychrome marble. The ceiling of the central nave is in painted and gilded wooden tables, a work of the nineteenth century while the high altar, set back from its original position, is in inlaid polychrome marbles. Below the transept is the Romanesque crypt, where the numerous vaults are resting on columns while the various traces of frescoes can be seen on the walls.