Tourist Attraction in Montecatini Terme: Teatro Verdi
The Teatro Verdi, Designed in 1828 and 1929 by the architect Lodovico Fortini on behalf of the Theatrical Exercises Company as a large open-air theater to be held in the amusement park owned by the Società delle Nuove Terme, the theater was inaugurated in 1930 with Giuseppe Verdi's Aida . The only structure of the new theater was the tower of the stage that had the typical requirements of the stages of the theaters of melodrama of the late nineteenth century, with service balconies and dressing rooms located in the area of the retropalco; the hall instead, which had a type of horseshoe, was divided into three sectors, slightly recessed and inclined those closest to the stage, wider and junction with the garden, the third. In 1981 the theater was extensively renovated to a design by Dr. Marchetti and engineer Morandi: the audience was equipped with a fixed tensile structure cover (engineer Carmelo Pucci); the stage has seen renewed both the walls and the sanitary facilities, the technical and safety systems. Until 1940 the theater hosted mainly opera performances, so it was also used as a cinema. More recently it has hosted large shows and has been used as a theater studio by RAI for some radio and television shows.