The municipal villa, located in a spectacular position near the historic center, in its splendor, the Villa occupies a terracing on the sea (rare example in Europe); entirely flat, it extends over part of the ancient walls. Entirely fenced, it has an access facing the port on Via Statuti Marittimi and a monumental entrance, on Piazza Plebiscito. Owned by the Municipality of Trani, it is accessible during the opening hours to the public. The original nucleus of the Villa was inaugurated in 1824; the extension was limited then to the land donated by the Antonacci family to the Municipality. Later, the Municipality provided for the reclamation of land on the coastal area immediately to the south called Canneto, destined to expand the surface of the garden. The spectacular location of the Villa shows a south view of the coast up to the monastery of Santa Maria Colonna; to the north the view of the port and of the unmistakable profile of the cathedral. The structure of the Villa presents a mixed typology between Italian garden and English garden, with an irregular layout. Along the East West route runs a long road that starts from the entrance to the port runs parallel to the sea for 350 meters, to end with a spectacular view of the coast. On this imposing avenue is grafted perpendicularly, in a central position, a tree-lined avenue that starts from the monumental entrance. On the side of this avenue, pedestrian corridors wind through the flowerbeds, leading to large parking areas, enriched with sculptures, pools and games for children. From the area commonly known as Boschetto, at the north-east end of the Villa, you can access the fort Sant'Antonio, an ancient defense of the port, from which today you can enjoy a spectacular view of the city. An architectural sign of great visual impact, on the axis of the main entrance there is an imposing Monument to the Fallen, made in 1923 by the tranese sculptor Antonio Bassi. Along the avenue of access, there are busts dedicated to Giacinto Francia (1865-1955, lawyer, writer, mayor of the city and benefactor) and Gaetano Quercia, lawyer, writer, public administrator and mayor of Trani from 1882 to 1883. A square in the West sector, there is the presence of a recently restored 1888 harmonica, dedicated to the Sunday concerts of the bands. Along the boulevard there is a nineteenth-century pavilion dedicated to cultural activities and are distributed perhaps not much valued heritage six milestones of the Ruvo Canosa stretch of the Via Traiana. On the East, Southeast side there is a recently restored aviary, and a small aquarium, which in 18 tanks shows a large variety of ornamental fish and aquatic plants. In the scenic area of the Boschetto, there is a newly built open-air theater, which hosts concerts and shows during the summer. The area is planted with palm trees, holm oaks, oaks and marine pines. Inside the Villa there is a small spice garden from Europe and the Mediterranean basin.