Tourist Attraction in Forli: Pinacoteca Civica di Forlì
The Civic Pinacoteca of Forlì, named after Melozzo degli Ambrogi, is part of the Civic Museums of Forlì and is currently based in the Museums of San Domenico. Includes works, even of notable importance, of authors such as: Francesco Albani, Livio Agresti, Giacomo Balla, Beato Angelico, Guido Cagnacci, Antonio Canova, Baldassarre Carrari, Maceo Casadei, Domenichino, Guercino, Lorenzo di Credi, Maestro dei Baldraccani, Melozzo da Forlì, Giorgio Morandi, Francesco Menzocchi, Livio Modigliani, Giovanni Antonio Nessoli, Marco Palmezzano, Antonio Rossellino and others. The work Fiasca with flowers, of Caravaggesque style, attributed to Paolo Barbieri, or to Guido Cagnacci or even to Tommaso Salini, was chosen to inaugurate the Brera cycle, a novelty of the Pinacoteca di Brera which, starting from the autumn-winter of 2005, shows works by other museums on show. The Civic Pinacoteca of Forlì contains the Verzocchi collection of 20th century Italian painting on the theme of work, currently housed in the Palazzo Romagnoli in Via Albicini. The foundation of the Civic Pinacoteca of Forlì officially took place in 1838. The first funds consisted of works from the Napoleonic spoliations of various city churches: the birth of the art gallery, therefore, can be seen as a partial return to public use of these works. To them were added donations from private citizens, such as Count Pietro Guarini, and works from the Palazzo Comunale. The public opening took place in 1846; the seat was the Palace of the Lords of the Mission, then seat of the Municipal Library, to which the gallery was annexed. As librarian, the first conservator of the picture gallery was Don Domenico Brunelli, to whom Count Filippo Guarini succeeded. In 1922, completed the transfer of the hospital from the Palazzo del Merenda to the new headquarters, designed in 1905 by Giovanni Tempioni and completed in 1912, and carried out the necessary work, the gallery left the Palace of the Lords of the Mission to find a place in the large palace designed from Giuseppe Merenda. The library and the other civic museums, meanwhile founded, were also transferred here. Among the directors of the first half of the twentieth century, it is worth mentioning the work of Count Benedetto Pergoli. Since 1996, most of the works of the art gallery has reached the new premises, in the former Dominican convent.