The Arco del Torrazzo, or simply the Torrazzo, is a monumental Renaissance doorway of Crema between Piazza Duomo and Via XX Settembre. We know that in the mid-fifteenth century a "trumpet", that is an auctioneer, possessed a key to close the entrances and gates of the square, an indication that at that time this urban space was under military observance. It is not known, however, what access there was to the current Via XX Settembre, that is, if there was only a gate with a simple face or a more complex structure; the first true reference is from 1474 when reference is made to the construction of a covered loggia above the entrance in the evening of the square. The amount of the expenditure with five bills of payment and the offer of a stake by the Venetian mayor suggests that it was a real building. A few years later, in 1497, mention is made of the word "arco" in a council resolution. Stylistically, the lower part of the Torrazzo that contains the large arch refers to the adjoining municipal building, the latter built following an act of 1524 decided by the Grand Council. In the year 1525 the position of the lion of Saint Mark on the external façade, on the second level, should be traced; it was originally placed on the Palazzo della Ragione in Bergamo, but after the French invasion of 1509 it was removed and transferred to Milan and then donated to Crema by the duke Francesco II Sforza. Another important temporal reference is that of 1575, when we were careful to keep the clock placed above the "voltone" of the square, an important documentary trace because it indicates that in that year the Torrazzo was at least up to the third level if not completed. Inside the acroterio there was a bell in 1594; the current one, however, is later and reports the following quote: "ANTONIO CANALI PERFECTO 1682". The bell was solicited by the diocesan circles with the purpose of separating the sound of the council meetings from those related to the sacred functions. After 1802, interventions to remedy the damage caused by the Soncino earthquake are documented, while at the end of the nineteenth century the decoration of the clock and the box with the coat of arms was renewed. Also to deal with some problems of static, it was decided to plan a series of interventions starting from the year 1919, first under the direction of Eng. Italo Celli and, after his sudden death, by Eng. Giuseppe Stramezzi. He was the promoter, as inspector of the Superintendency of the assets of Lombardy Eng. Abele Belletta. During the realization of this intervention, some architectural details were modified, such as the plugging of the first floor windows replaced by oculi. In the year 2004 the graffiti was restored with the emblem on the facade towards the square, now almost totally erased from the elements. The work, performed by Elena Dognini, Mara Pasqui and Annalisa Rebecchi was performed on a project by Laura and Marco Ermentini. The building rises on several floors with stylistic features dating back to the end of the fifteenth century and extends to the early decades of the sixteenth century. The orders are subdivided by terracotta cornices and the first opens the large arch with three arches; above the string-course frame is placed the box with the graffiti that shows the emblem of the city flanked by two windows with a triangular tympanum. On the third order, above the marble balcony there is the clock with the two statues of San Vittoriano and San Pantaleone on either side. The six-sided acroterio is placed in an apical position covered by an elongated dome with weather vane. The façade facing via XX Settembre repeats the scheme but with the following differences: in place of the fresco is placed a lion of San Marco flanked by two elaborate "drop" windows; the corresponding niches on the square contain the two mentioned statues.