The Palazzo Ducale, majestic 16th century building, Adjacent to the Cathedral, built by the Carafa family, became in 1552, Dukes of Andria. The family bought Andria and Castel del Monte for 100,000 ducats. The building is of considerable size, legend has it that it has 365 rooms. It was built on a previous construction, the Del Balzo palace of which only a part remains, evidence of a privilege granted to Bertrando del Balzo, when his wife, Beatrice d'Angiò donated the Holy Thorn. a part of the Palazzo Ducale, became municipal property and allocate the spaces to cultural container.
Collaboration Text: Giuseppina Cecilia Matera, "Pro Loco Tourist Association" Andria