Castello Sforzesco is a complex of buildings in the Italian city of Vigevano. The perimeter extends over an area of over two hectares, at the highest point of the city. The castle covers an area of 70,000 square meters, for 5 floors. The village originally surrounded by a rudimentary defense system in earth and wood, then replaced by a wall, had on the east side a castle or square receptacle, initially consisting of a wooden structure, replaced before the tenth century by walls in bricks and separated from the town by a moat. This structure, corresponding to the current male. Luchino Visconti, podestà of Vigevano in 1319 and 1337, inserted the village in his territorial domain plan, deciding to make it a defensive stronghold inserted in the territorial chessboard of the castles along the Adda and the Ticino in defense of the duchy of Milan. With this in mind, in 1341, he built a fortress built at the end of the fifteenth century, placed at a certain distance from the castle, on the eastern edge of the village that was now spreading out from the original perimeter. Galeazzo Maria Sforza in 1466, just succeeded to his father Francesco, orders new interventions that definitively transform the male into a palace. In 1472 the new Duke intervened on two ancient buildings, placed along the south wall of the ancient village and used as a stable, modifying the ground floor with the insertion of a double colonnade with cross vaults and new windows. In 1475 he built the bridge with a loggia, located south of the male, then completed by Ludovico il Moro, regent of the duchy in the name of his nephew Gian Galeazzo Maria Sforza. With Ludovico il Moro, born in Vigevano, the Sforzesco project is implemented in measures of significant proportions and quality, completing the process of transforming the castle into a dynastic residence. Thanks to Bramante, a part of the pictorial decoration that embellished the complex of buildings overlooking the courtyard, of which today traces remain on the walls of Ludovico's stable, and the addition of the ancient municipal tower, which had already been raised towards 1476 with new battlements and corbels to house the bells of the demolished church of Santa Maria. The complex consists of: the entrance tower called Bramante, Three large stables, of which the one near the tower called "di Ludovico", A neo-Gothic entrance hall, A body with loggia called falconer, A bridge with an aerial loggia , The main building called male, Two nineteenth-century bodies placed between the male and the tower, The large building of the covered elevated road, The old fortress located to the east that contains a great rider. The buildings are all linked together and appear as a unique structure with many joints. The origin of the tower, located at the highest point of the city, near the castle, dates back to 1198 and was finished by Bramante at the end of the fifteenth century, while in the seventeenth century was added the baroque dome, replacing the original conical spire. The Tower has an original shape that, in the 19th century, was the model for the Filarete tower in the Castello Sforzesco in Milan; From the terraces you can admire an excellent view of the Piazza Ducale, the Castle and the whole city. The bell cell, inaccessible to the public, houses "the bell", a large seventeenth-century bell "cracked" by necessity. In fact, in the nineteenth century there were no modern electronic systems to control the bells, and the clock of the Tower. National Archaeological Museum of Lomellina, inaugurated in 1998 and expanded in 2006, was born with the aim of collecting archaeological materials from excavations or occasional recoveries in the lomellino territory, to spread the knowledge of a vast public. The Museum is housed in the spaces of the so-called "third stable" of the Castle and in the rooms attached to it.