Tourist Attraction in Suvereto: Pieve di San Giusto
The church of San Giusto is a place of Catholic worship located in Piazza Vittorio Veneto in Suvereto, in the province of Livorno. The church, mentioned since 923, probably of early medieval origin, is one of the most interesting Romanesque buildings in the province of Livorno. It was rebuilt in 1189 by the masters Barone Amico and Bono da Calci, as attested by the epigraph engraved on the plaster of the left transept. The Pisan matrix is appreciable both in the type of decoration of the church and in the choice of a single-nave system with a transept. The façade is opened by a portal flanked by two columns, whose capitals support two lions; the architrave is surmounted by a two-arched archivolt decorated with scrolls. At the top of the façade there is a quadrilobate eye. Inside, there is an octagonal baptismal font, late medieval.