Tourist Attraction in Pescara: Chiesa del Sacro Cuore di Gesù
The church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is a religious building in Pescara. It is located in the historic area of Castellammare Adriatico, it is the third most important church in the city. The church was built starting in 1886 by the architect Porta di Torino, above the old church of Sant'Anna. The church was built in neo-Gothic style, with the completion of the bell tower in the Fascist era, ie in the 20s. It has a rectangular basilica plan, with a tripartite brick facade, with salient with cusps, which delineate the difference in height of the three internal aisles. It has a splayed round arch in the center, and a pseudo-Romanesque style portal with mosaic lunette, as well as twin columns in double order at the center. The double columns are finished at the top by pinnacles, and Gothic windows open on the side walls. In axis with the central portal there is a ray rosette, of Gothic style. The lateral bell tower is a tower, whose cell is in white stone, with four angular cusps. An octagonal tambour with windows is surmounted, topped by a conical cusp. The interior has three naves with a semicircular apse, the same aisles are decorated with pillars with a Gothic beam, with capitals in stucco, and slender ribs that intersect in the vaults. The apse is adorned with slender windows in Romanesque style, with a modern altar depicting the Christ.