Tourist Attraction in Pescara: Fontana delle Cinque Cannelle
The Fountain of the Five Cinnamons is a monumental fountain of Pescara. In 1881 the mayor Leopoldo Muzii decided to move the Town Hall from the hilly area to the flat area of the city, provoking reactions from the citizens. The following year, to appease the spirits, the same mayor granted the inhabitants of the place the artistic fountain called "de li cinque cannille" in the local dialect. The fountain, located a few steps from the Basilica of Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows, has a parallelepiped volume tripartite by four pilasters, with low pedestal, base and Doric capital, which support a classical trabeation with just mentioned attic. The central wheelbase is larger than the lateral one and the brickwork between them is in exposed brick. Of the five tubes inserted in campanescent lozenges within rectangular surfaces, three are placed between the central pilasters, while the remaining two are placed between the lateral center distances. The rectangular basin, in front of the fountain, has a low edge with a rounded end. A drinking trough is adjacent to the right side of the fountain.