Door Cremona, also know as door cremonese, is a monument of Lodi. It's the only one left among the ancient gates of access to the city, used for centuries as barriers of defense. In medieval times, to access the southern city needed a drawbridge across the rock molina and then the door called "cremonese". to defend and oversee the territory of the underlying selvagreca swamp, the Emperor Frederick II, grandson Of Frederick Barbarossa in 1234, erected in this area also a castle that had a short life: after the death of the emperor, in 1251, the milanese, entered the city with the help of sozzo vistarini, which imposed the destruction. Nowadays, stairwell that bears the name of the emperor can see a watchtower, knows as Observatory. The door cremonese presents three entries: the middle one was used by the wagons with the goods and the nobles, and the horse was closed with a wooden gate to the setting of the sun, the two sides were reserved for pedestrians. The current appearance is due to the fact that the recast held between 1790 and 1792 by Architect Antonio Dossena. The Wall of defense in Lodi was abolished in 30 April 1911, in pursuance of the decision of the municipal assembly of 23 April 1910; the memory of the event was put on the door a commemorative plaque.