Tourist Attraction in Taggia: Convento di San Domenico " Pinacoteca"
The convent of San Domenico is a religious building located in Piazza Beato Cristoforo in Taggia, in the Argentina valley. The buildings, now considered among the largest art galleries in the Ligurian and Nice pictorial school, were built between 1460 and 1490 by the Gasperino and, from Lancia and Filippo da Carlono, Comacine masters. Inside, in addition to the presence of the twelve altars, it preserves valuable paintings by various painters, including an Adoration of the Magi attributed to Parmigianino and five paintings by the painter Ludovico Brea such as the Annunciation of Mary in 1494, the Madonna del Rosano of 1513, Santa Caterina of 1488, the Madonna della Misericordia of 1483-1488, the Baptism of Jesus and Saints of 1495. Among the other works exhibited are those of Gregorio De Ferrari, Giovanni Canavesio, Raffaele De Rossi, Giovanni Battista Trotti (known as Malosso ) and other painters of the time. Text processing: Giovambattista Spagnuolo (Myooni)