Tourist Attraction in Piancastagnaio: Chiesa di San Filippo Neri
The church of San Filippo Neri is a sacred building. Originally dedicated to the Holy Cross, then (1577) seat of the Society of the Most Holy Name of Jesus. The present dedication dates back to after 1796, when the night oratory of San Filippo Neri was transferred there. The building shows simplified forms both outside and inside, formed by a large rectangular hall with a chapel on the right, where the statue of the Saint carried in procession every 26th May is kept. In the apse, frescoed at the top, there is an eighteenth-century canvas with the Apparition of the Madonna and Child to San Filippo Neri, referable to the Nasini area.