The Duomo of Enna, dedicated to the Most Holy Mary of Visitation, is the mother church of the city as well as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and monument since 2008. The Enna Cathedral is one of the most important examples of ecclesiastical medieval architecture in Sicily: built in the 14th century and deeply renewed about two centuries later, it has impressive Corinthian colonnades, three aisles and three apses, precious canvases and chandeliers, and a majestic facade with a bell tower, all around the city, whose bell is impressive in proportion to the greatness of the city. The Duomo of Enna appears from the outside as a large church with a Latin cross, with a main façade which is accessed by a large step, surmounted by the imperial bell tower, the latter on two high levels of quadrangular shape dating from at the end of the 17th century, embellished with cornices and reliefs, with a huge bell, called "the 101 quintals", as big as the cathedral cathedral. The façade of the Duomo has been made according to anomalous dimensions compared to the tendencies of the time: from a long staircase you reach a three-portico portico, with 6 columns, while on the base develop two more levels of the bell tower, with two windows full of friezes, decorations, human faces, pilasters and columns in Doric and Corinthian order. In addition to the porch, the central facade of the jubilee is today the wall of the Jubilee, which is now walled on the right side, which is an excellent example of Gothic Sicilian, with 6 columns decorated with capitals and an arch overlaid by the statue of Our Lady with a Child Jesus framed by a round bow and zigzag friezes alternating with leaves motifs. Another side door is the "Porta Sottana", dated 1447, with two pairs of corinthian columns surmounted by a crowned eardrum and a late-Renaissance marble bas-relief depicting St. Martin who divides his cloak with the poor. The interior of the Duomo, with three naves with black basalt colonnades whose bases and capitals were forged by Giandomenico Gagini with monstrous figures, has a vast wooden carved wooden ceiling, rich in carvings, both in the three naves as in the transept. Note: The central chapel of the apse, with a stucco work of the most pompous in the vault, by Bolognese Pietro Rosso, which in turn preserves: The vault of the apsidal cathedral, with a relief plaster representing the l 'Coronation of Mary Queen of Heaven by Christ and Father of God. Five painted oil paintings with splendid stuccoes attributed to Filippo Paladini, realized between 1612 and 1613 representing the Presentation to the Temple, the Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth, the assumption of Mary (on the main altar), the Dormitory Virginis and Immaculate Conception; The wooden choir, walnut, carved in the late sixteenth century with panels depicting biblical scenes; A silver chiselled chest and embossed by a Palermo artist. A beautiful crucifix representing the Cristus Patiens in the front and Cristus Triunphans in the rear. The side chapels: the left one of the SS. Sacramento, in Gothic-Catalan forms, is one of the most precious examples of Gothic art in Sicily. the right one, the Virgin of Visitation, stuccoed and with a beautiful polychrome marble decoration, guarding the precious and revered fifteenth-century simulacrum of the Celestial Patron of the city. It is guarded by the four doors of the seven keys, depicting the Virgin of the Nativity and that of the Visitation of the Virgin. This chapel is open not only on June 29, during the Feast of the Madonna, when faced with hundreds of faithful hurried to see the beautiful face of the Virgin in the Christmas season from 16 December to 11 January, when the patronage of the Virgin is remembered for the city, spared by the violent earthquake of the Noto Valley; is open during Easter Octave and from September 8 to 12, The Transetto, with two large stucco medallions in which two canvases of the Neapolitan painter Giovanni Piccinelli are placed.