The palace of Caserta is a royal palace with a park attached to Caserta. It is the largest royal residence in the world and the historic owners were the Bourbon of Naples, in addition to a brief period in which it was inhabited by the Murat. In 1997 it was declared by UNESCO, together with the Vanvitelli aqueduct and the San Leucio complex, a heritage of humanity. In 2016, with a total of 683 070 visitors, the twelfth most visited Italian state museum site. The Royal Palace of Caserta was wanted by the King of Naples Charles of Bourbon, who, impressed by the beauty of the Caserta landscape and eager to give a decent place of representation to the government of the capital of Naples and its realm, wanted to build such a palace to be able to compete with Versailles. It was initially assumed that it would be built in Naples, but Charles of Bourbon, aware of the considerable vulnerability of the capital to any attacks (especially by sea), thought to build it towards the hinterland in the Caserta area: a safer place however not too far from Naples. The sovereign turned to the architect Luigi Vanvitelli, at that time engaged in the restoration work of the Loreto basilica on behalf of the Pontifical State. Charles of Bourbon obtained the Pope from being able to commission the artist and in the meantime acquired the necessary area, where the 16th century Acquaviva Palace was built. The palace, defined as the last great achievement of the Italian Baroque, was completed in 1845 (although it was already inhabited in 1780), resulting in a grand complex of 1,200 rooms and 1,742 windows, for a total expenditure of 8,711,000 ducats. On the southern side, the palace is 249 meters long, high 37.83, decorated with twelve columns. The main façade has a central forehead surmounted by a pediment; at the sides of the prospectus, where the longitudinal factory body intersects with the transversal one, two other advances are engaged. The facade on the garden is the same as the one before, but has windows framed by slotted slats. The palace covers an area of approximately 47,000 m²; It has 1,026 fumaroles and 34 scales. In addition to the rectangular perimeter building, the palace has, within the rectangle, two building blocks that intersect on the cross and form four large inner courtyards of over 3,800 square meters each. Above the threshold of the main entrances to the palace there is a large octagonal vestibule with a diameter of 15.22 meters, adorned with twenty Doric columns. To the right and to the left are the passages that lead to the inner courtyards, while at the front a triple porch enters the topographic center of the palace. The real park of Caserta extends for 3 kilometers in length, with development south-north on 120 acres of surface . At the center of the rear facade of the palace there are two long parallel boulevards, among which there are a series of suggestive fountains that, starting from the northern limit of the Garden to the Italian, link to this the English Garden: La Fontana Margherita, or Canestro, closes the Italian garden and opens the way to English with the first of the longitudinal development tanks. The Three Dolphin Fountain is the figure of a sea monster with the head and body of a dolphin. The work was performed by Gaetano Salomone. The Dolphin has a tank measuring 470 meters for a width of 27 and a depth of 3 meters. It takes its name from the fountain above it, formed by giant grotesque dolphins from whose mouths comes the water that feeds it. The following Eolo Fountain represents the god who, driven by Juno, raises the fury of the winds against Aeneas and the Trojans.