Tourist Attraction in Campobasso: Chiesa di Santa Maria della Croce
The Church of Santa Maria della Croce Founded in the Norman period by the faithful who formed the confraternity of the "Crusaders", it has undergone transformations following earthquakes that have changed its original appearance. It features a fifteenth-century plant with a longitudinal cross-section with three naves illuminated by a classical dome. The façade highlights, with its three portals, the basilica's interior division. On the sides of the altar are the Chapel of the Blessed Virgin and the Sacred Heart, in which are preserved the 19th century wooden statue of the Addolorata, of Neapolitan school, and that of the dead Christ rebuilt in plaster in 1954. Other works to be noted are A crucified Christ of the sixteenth century and three statues of the sculptor campobassano Paolo Saverio Di Zinno.