Tourist Attraction in Pescara: Museo Gabriele D'Annunzio
The Museum of Homeland of Gabriele d'Annunzio, The eighteenth-century building, owned by the D'Annunzio family from the 1800s, was declared a national monument in 1927. Since 1926 Gabriele D'Annunzio commissioned Antonino Liberi to restore the house in order to commemorate his mother, Luisa De Benedictis, Who died in 1917. Liberi worked on the renovation until 1928, when D'Annunzio entrusted the restoration work to Giancarlo Maroni. In 1933, the building which was henceforth entrusted to the care of the caretaker Marietta Camerlengo was acquired by the Italian state which immediately started restoration and settlement work which ended in 1938. However, the building suffered serious damage during the Bombings suffered during World War II; New interventions on the house were completed in 1949. A first museum exhibition was created in 1963 by the "Fondazione d'Annunzio" for the exhibition entitled "L'Abruzzo in the life and work of G. d'Annunzio", and preserved until To 1993, when a new exhibition was organized. The museum, set up on the first floor of the birthplace of Gabriele D'Annunzio, consists of nine rooms and features furnishings, period furniture and objects of the writer and his family. The room is dedicated to D'Annunzio's childhood and Contains some educational panels with photographs and citations from his works, in addition to the high school diploma of the Regio Convitto Cicognini di Prato (1881), the decree of appointment to Mayor of Francesco Paolo Rapagnetta-D'Annunzio for the three-year period 1879-1881 and all 'Certified Honorable Citizenship at D'Annunzio by the City of Chieti on the occasion of the first theater of the "Daughter of Iorio" (1904). One Corresponds to the living room of the dwelling. There are two lithographs depicting "Vittorio Emanuele II, King of Italy" and "Giuseppe Garibaldi in Marsala" respectively, Sala due Era is the study by Francesco Paolo Rapagnetta-D'Annunzio, and contains a portrait of an anonymous child of the nineteenth Century. All three corresponds to the room of Gabriele and his brother Antonio. There are two nineteenth-century beds on which are two paintings ("S. Alfonso Maria de 'Liguori" and "The Immaculate Virgin"), Sala quattro. It was the room of Aunt Marietta, the older sister of D'Annunzio's father, who died in 1906 The room also contains the nineteenth century print by G. Palmaroli, "The Seven Swords Madonna" Room five Corresponds to the room of the parents of D'Annunzio. The bed where D'Annunzio was born on 12 March 1863 was plagued in the post-war years. It contains a watercolor painting by Michele Cascella, titled "Luisa d'Annunzio's Room" (1940), the sixth hall used as a living room, containing panels of the hermitage of S. Vito Chietino, of S. Clement's abbey Casauria. Of the castle of Casoli, seventh room This is a room attached to the kitchen, the eighth Sala Conserva the plaster cast of the right hand and the face of D'Annunzio, shaped directly on the wreath, by Arrigo Minerbi (1938), nona Sala Corrisponde To the living room and hosts educational panels that recall the main episodes of the First World War that featured D'Annunzio, a panel dedicated to the Victorian Italians.