Tourist Attraction in Ancona: Chiesa della Sacra Famiglia
The Church of the Holy Family is a Catholic church in Ancona; Carlo Alberto is in the wake of the San Lazzaro Plan. The beginning of the construction of this church took place following the laying of the first stone made by then bishop and Cardinal Giovanni Battista Manara in 1889, when the city began to extend to the central station and the national road network. The realization was made possible for the obtaining of the restitution, by the deed of the goods of the Opera of the Luigini, erroneously forfeited, and for the work of benefactors, including Count Luigi Rocchi of Camerata. The design of the temple is the work of the architect Marco Ceradini in Turin, and the decorations of the façade and the interior are the work of the local sculptor Vittorio Morelli. The project expresses a neo-Romanesque style with Byzantine elements, and features a salient façade with central and overhanging belfry. The interior of the three aisles with conclusive apses includes, inter alia, architectural-decorative elements from churches suppressed: in particular, there is a statue of stone carved altar of Gothic forms, already in the Church of St. Francis at the Scale in Via Pizzecolli, and owned by the noble Bonarelli family (in particular it should be noted that the coat of arms of the Bonarelli accounts, reproduced above the side columns, shows errors in the colors, in fact it should be corrected: in the red field with silver band and with Passing red lions). On the occasion of the subsequent restoration of the 1972 earthquake, a large part of the pictorial decoration of the middle nave was removed from the inside of the church and the windows of the monofore of the same were removed, along with other modernization (such as the new confessional nucleus) To the primitive character of the building, in the name of a misunderstanding and late adaptation to the new liturgical norms. Since 1901 the complex was entrusted to the Salesian Fathers, who still cared for and officiate the church.