Tourist Attraction in Macerata: Duomo di San Giuliano
The cathedral of Macerata, or church of San Giuliano, known since the 10th century The current building is a neoclassical (1771-1790), 15th-century building, designed by Cosimo Morelli, at the expense of the then bishop Of Macerata and Recanati, the forlivese Nicolò dall'Aste. The unfinished facade has the remains of a Gothic-flowered bell tower, erected in 1467-1478 and attributed to Marino di Marco Cedrino. The interior of the church was designed by Cosimo Morelli and appears to be vast and luminous. In the apse is placed a shrine representing San Giuliano who intercede with Madonna and Child due to the threat of plague, by Cristoforo Unterbenger (1786). In the side chapels are preserved several works of artistic worth, among which are the second chapel to the right of a blade of 1600 depicting the Madonna among the saints; a mosaic with St. Michael the Archangel in the right transept, executed in 1628. On the Cornist Cornist Epistolae is the organ Gaetano Callido built in 1790 and restored by the Sabatini organar between 1999 and 2007. The instrument, with mechanical transmission, features two keyboards of 47 keys with a first octave short and a pedestrian with 20 notes. There is a second electric drum member of two manuals of 61 notes and foot pedal of 32 with 18 registers, built by Alessandro Girotto in 1982, was initially placed at the church of Santa Maria della Consolazione of Piazza Mazzini, home of the Pueri Cantores of Don Fernando Morresi, in 1987, made a gift to the cathedral before his death, always transferred from the builder and placed in the right transept of the Duomo for the accompaniment of the assembly.