Borgetti Mozzi is a historic municipal library in Macerata. The library was opened to scholars on March 31, 1787. By decree of Gioacchino Murat, the building, already of the Jesuits and its belongings passed into full and definitive property to the commune. Originally composed of about 5,000 volumes from the Jesuit College, the legacy of the lawyer Francesco Mornati and the precious Mozzi collection, the library grew during the nineteenth century with important donations, including in 1833 that of Dominican Father Tommaso Borgetti, with administration separated by the "Mozziana" until 1855. There are also notable legends of illustrious macerates, among which we remember the art historian Amico Ricci, whose rich library and manuscripts of the works came with all the materials of work. Consistent with the contribution of the conventual libraries suppressed after the unification of Italy, from which 19,000 volumes were captured. Among the most significant increases of the last century are: the library of the Castiglioni family of Cingoli, which belonged to Pope Pius VIII, acquired in 1935 and composed of about 20,000 volumes; the unpublished manuscripts of Abbot Colucci, author of Picene Antiquities, the posters by Luigi Lanzi, Diomede Pantaleoni, Giuseppe Neroni. The material collected by the musicologist Giuseppe Radiciotti, a great biographer and scholar of Rossini, for a dictionary of musicians in the region; the archive of Ireneo Aleandri, the designer of Sferisterio di Macerata; the library and archive of the historian of literature Giulio Natali; the rows of the Ricci Petrocchini family and the books belonging to Massimo D'Azeglio; the Ciccolini donation. In 2000, the library of the machete family Maffeo Pantaleoni was added to the library. In more than two centuries of activity, the library has progressively expanded with salt and deposits to the various floors of the building. In the entrance from Piazza Vittorio Veneto are preserved the busts of Benedetto Cairoli, Ercole Rosa and Pope Gregory XVI by Fedele Bianchini. The numerous stone coats of arms come from the ancient Fonte Maggiore. At the archeological collection of Civic Museums belong the striking sarcophagus of the atrium and the great Roman republican era of the Republican age at the entrance of Sala Castiglioni. On the hand-painted wooden skirts, note the sixteen Martini's medallions featuring portraits of philosophers and scholars: they emphasize the enlightenment program of the first librarian, Bartolomeo Mozzi, who had also planned the creation of a universal museum by donating a collection of instruments and scientific objects belonging to Brother Giuseppe. In the sequence of rooms, the iconographic program corresponded with the need to indicate that the study of sciences, "gradually dispelling the darkness of ignorance, must tend to lead the human intellect to the knowledge of true and heavenly wisdom." To this end, Guido Reni's Aurora was inspired by the first two halls and an allegory of Divine Wisdom was created in the third room. Currently, the Library has about 350,000 volumes, making it one of the largest in the region. Of particular interest and interest are 10,000 manuscripts, just over 300 incunabula, over 4,000 16th century editions. In addition to the works of local historical interest, the legal, philosophical, natural and medical issues of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries are worthy of note among the press funds. It also has a musical and theatrical collection with manuscripts including the archive of the Duomo Chapel, storing hundreds of booklets, posters, and print music. Important collections of Risorgimento history were collected and donated by the brothers Giovanni and Domenico Spadoni. A rich photographic library with about 20,000 images, over 50,000 photographic glasses in reorder and a collection of drawings and prints is also reported.